Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Missing Half the Solution

      I was reading Charles Murphy's The Great American Divide and I was struck by how he doesn't believe that those in the lower classes can do anything about the problem. Seems to me he is as guilty of being elitist as those he says caused the problems. Maybe he assumes that only upper middle class and rich people read the Wall Street Journal, but it seems to me that part of the problem is that this divide is caused by a lack of communication between the sides and if you propose a solution that only takes in one side then it can't be properly executed as you only are mobilizing one side. Without cooperation nothing but anger can happen. Just my take on things but at least he admits there is a problem.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment